Our same famous blend with a medium roast and buttery richness without the caffeine. With notes of citrus, this blend makes a great evening latte!
How the Swiss Water Process works:
1. We create our Green Coffee Extract just once, made out of fresh water and all the soluble solids within coffee (minus the caffeine). GCE is key to our process.
2. Before decaffeination, the green coffee is rehydrated to prepare for the target moisture level that is ideal for caffeine removal. This step also removes dirt, dust, and silverskin.
3. GCE is continuously circulated around the green coffee for a period of 8-10 hours, until 99.9% of the caffeine molecules have migrated from the green coffee and into the GCE. Caffeine is removed from the GCE through a proprietary carbon filter system, and the carbon is sent to a regeneration furnace to burn away the caffeine, so that it can be reused.
4. During decaffeination, our GCE is constantly being refreshed and renewed. We also continuously monitor the health of our GCE to ensure it can continue to operate at its best. This way, we don’t need to create a new batch of GCE for every new batch of green coffee.
5. When we’ve reached our goal of removing 99.9% of the caffeine from a coffee, it’s ready to be dried, bagged, and shipped to the customer with care. From there, it’s in the customer’s expert hands.